The Joint Scope Meeting is a standard part of the JOC process but are you getting the most out of these meetings? Here are 5 tips that you can implement to get more out of a Joint Scope Meeting.
- Provide as much lead time as possible. This allows the contractor to be more prepared when they arrive. This will cut down the number of times the contractor must travel to the jobsite which is to your benefit.
- Provide as much documentation as possible. This step will allow the contractor to be more prepared when attending the meeting.
- Ask the contractor for their subs questions about the scope. These people are the experts and may have suggestions that may save time or money. Do not be afraid to take suggestions from the experts.
- Get to know the contractors. The better your relationship and understanding with the people doing the work the smoother the project will typically go.
- Set clear expectations. This step is vital to the success of any project. Make sure to communicate any special requests or circumstances.
All of these steps are very simple but if put to use will ensure a much smoother process overall. These meetings are meant to take the burden off you and your team and get the project done as quickly and efficiently as possible. The full article can be found here.